012 Advent to Christmas (and beyond!)
David and Ian discuss the idea of extending the Advent season. Also in this episode: the "O" Antiphons, and how do we observe Christmastide? Show notes: http://www.riteandmusical.org/2017/12/012-advent-to-christmas-and-beyond.html
Download this episode (mp3).
- What Are We Waiting For? Re-Imagining Advent for Time to Come – William H. Petersen
- "In defense of early Christmas decorations" - Toni Rossi, Aleteia
- By the numbers:
- Advent - 4 weeks (28 days max.)
- Christmas - 12 days
- Lent - 40 days
- Easter - 50 days
- "O" Antiphons
- Christ the King Sunday
- Holy Name - January 1.
- Feast of the Epiphany – January 6. (We should do an episode!)
- The Church of the Advent, Boston, does have a Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols by Candlelight on December 31 at 5:00 p.m.
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, we encourage you to help support it. Become a Patron for $1 a month (that's about 50¢ an episode).