058 Surges of Asperges
Download this episode (mp3).
- Book of Common Prayer (BCP) page 312 - Additional Directions for Holy Baptism
- BCP page 292 - Renewal of Baptismal Vows at the Easter Vigil
- Renewal of Baptismal Vows from 2019 BCP (ACNA)
- Byron Stuhlman: Prayer Book Rubrics Expanded
- BCP page 492 - Burial, Rite II (rubric about "Celebrant may address the congregation...")
- The texts of the two anthems for the sprinking of the people, Asperges me and Vidi aquam can be found in the Anglican Service Book. In this book, they are accompanied by the rubric "The following devotions, mementos of baptism, may be used preceding the principal Mass on Sundays."
- The traditional chants can be sung in English in an adaptation found in The Anglican Use Gradual, p. 461
- Holy Water in the online glossary on episcopalchurch.org
- BCP page 570 - Dedication of a Church (compare with BCP page 306)
- The Holy Eucharist with the Installation of The Most Reverend Michael Bruce Curry, Twenty-Seventh Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church and Primate (PDF)
- Book of Occasional Services 2018 (PDF) page 192 - Concerning the Blessing of Water
- Recording of "Asperges me" sung in Latin is from https://archive.org/details/AspergesMe
The text version of All Things Rite & Musical proposed liturgy for Renewal of Baptismal Vows with Prayer for the Blessing of Water is forthcoming!
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, we encourage you to help support it. Become a Patron for $1 a month (that's about 50¢ an episode).