008 Theology of Worship
Five paradigms for thinking about Christian worship
See show notes for this episode: http://www.riteandmusical.org/2017/11/008-theology-of-worship.html
Visit our new Patreon page! Become an All Things Rite & Musical Patron! https://www.patreon.com/riteandmusical
Download this episode (mp3).
- Participation in the heavenly worship
- Re-membering the Body
- Following a Commandment “do this in remembrance of me…”
- Words of Institution - part of the Eucharistic Prayer where the celebrant recites Jesus' words at the Last Supper
- Sanctus bells - a bell or bells that may be rung or struck by an acolyte at specific places in the Eucharistic Prayer (including the Sanctus). Typically used in more "high church" liturgy.
- Genuflect - to lower one's body briefly by touching one knee to the ground
- “Recharging” for the week
Thanks for listening! We always enjoy hearing from you. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, we encourage you to help support it. Become a Patron for $1 a month (that's about 50¢ an episode).
Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or our feed.
Post a Comment
We want everyone to comment, and please sign your real name when you do.