030 Let's get physical
We consider the physical aspects of the liturgy: processions, the sign of the cross, etc.
Download this episode (mp3).
- Our Ashes to Go episode is 016 Ashes to Go and Ashes to Stay
- Ceremonial manuals
- A Priest's Handbook - Dennis Michno
- Prayer Book Rubrics Expanded - Byron Stuhlman
- Celebrating the Eucharist: A Practical Ceremonial Guide for Clergy and Other Liturgical Ministers - Patrick Malloy
- The series David was thinking of but couldn't name includes Ceremonies of the Eucharist by Howard E. Galley and Lent, Holy Week, Easter, and the Great Fifty Days by Leonel L. Mitchell
- Planning for Rites and Rituals
- St. Francis de Sales, St. Louis, the "most beautiful church in the country"
- Liturgical Customary of Church of the Advent, Boston
“When making a simple genuflection, touch the right knee to the ground, close to the heel of the left foot (unless the genuflection is made on a step). Do not bow the head or prop a hand on the floor; we are not in the huddle before third-and-one on the ten-yard line at the Harvard-Yale Game.”
- St. Peter's, Lakewood, Ohio
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, we encourage you to help support it. Become a Patron for $1 a month (that's about 50¢ an episode).